Today, because it is school holidays and because I am a lazy mum who, despite this beautiful weather, just can't muster up the energy to take the kids to the beach, park and/or movies, I did some baking with the kids. Here's what we whipped up:
It's what I have named Rice Bubble Cake
and here's how you make it....
1. Throw a packet of marshmallows, a block of chocolate and 1/4 cup of butter into a saucepan.
2. Stir and stir until everything melts.
This will take a good 5 minutes of hardcore elbow grease.
And I should know.
I have been known to make marshmallow vodka in the past,
which requires a lot of mixing...
and a lot of panadol the next morning.
3. While you're slaving away over the marshmallow mixture,
get your helper to measure out 5 cups of Rice Bubbles into a bowl.
4. Add the melted marshmallow mix to the Rice Bubbles
and, once again, stir like a mad woman.
*NB: cheap plastic bling & DIY manicures are purely optional*
5. Pour into a lined cake tin and refrigerate until set
(about 1 glass of wine, or 15 minutes, should do the trick)
6. Turn out onto your current obsession (aka spotty cake plate)
and let the kids decorate it....
7. Add it to your Easter Table and take 1 million photos
until you get at least 3 that you think are blog worthy.
8. Take another couple of shots with fruit in the background.
Just to prove that from time to time we do eat something other than chocolate.
9. Think to yourself that the cute little bunny you picked up
on sale for 3 bucks at Bed, Bath N Table
totally looks like it's about to take a dump on your cake.
10. Remove naughty bunny & serve the cake to the kids for afternoon tea.
Outside of course.
We don't do crumbs on a freshly vacuumed floor.