February 20, 2013

lunchbox ideas: choc chip loaf

Say what you will about the humble sultana, but they certainly divide the masses. Last week's Sultana Loaf Recipe wasn't exactly a hit, so it seems the Lovely Readers of this blog prefer to give sultanas a big fat swerve.  

Fair enough too.  Can't exactly blame you.  I'm not a sultana lover either.  But chocolate on the other hand?  Well, that's an entirely different story.  So, I've tweaked the grotty old Sultana Loaf and turned her into a deliciously dense Chocolate Chip Loaf.  And have posted the recipe below.  You're very welcome x


9 comments:

  1. LOL at the to cool...it's bad I don't wait that long or did you just throw that in there as a cough cough responsible adult? I'm keeping the original sultana recipe as an excuse to keep sneaking those suckers into my 9 yr old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like you're reading my mind B. I totally threw that in there to sound responsible and mildly professional...I mean, really? Who am I kidding? There's nothing responsible or professional ever going on around here x

      Delete
  2. Chocolate, sultanas? I love a good loaf!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to go for the trifecta and whip up a chocolate sultana loaf next week!

      Delete
  3. I love this. I have on that loves sultanas and one that doesn't. Just shared on my FB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So going to make this in the morning thanks Kirst! Jaz and Hudson are coming over so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best.recipe.ever!

    Thank you for sharing this one, just love that it was sooooo easy and tasted so good! Loved it thank you.

    Think it's a great one to quickly whip up when you have to take a sweet treat or giving someone baking etc as it's so easy and while it's in the oven for the hour you can get ready - too easy!

    ReplyDelete